Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hallstatt


So Hallstatt- The Most Beautiful Place on Earth!! Oh my it was amazing. I took a thousand pictures but they totally don't do it justice. And this time I'm doing collages, to save some time on the endless uploading, so hopefully you can still see the beauty!

Top left: Cemetery, they are beautiful here, I think we should do it like this in the states
top middle:view
bottom left: center of town, I went to 3 cafes right here, in one day :)
bottom center: church town
bottom left: It was snowing! check out that straight line!

SALTMINE!! This was one of the funnest things I have done! We road a cable car up the mountain, super steep. Once at the top we got to put on these sweet outfits, with leather butts! And once inside the mine, we got to go down two different slides. So fun!! And these lovely skulls you see are at a church here in the town. They are skulls and bones from people who were buried in the cemetery, but since cemeteries fill up so fast in europe they take the bones out after 20 ish years. They would clean off the bones and paint the name of the person on the skull. This has been used since the 12th century and has 1200+ skulls in it :)

Top left to right: view, hotel where we stayed, hot chocolate, beautiful tree,
bottom left to right: train- it had harry potter compartments!!, houses here were amazing! there is a tree growing on the wall, raspberry strudel, me and the lake.
All I have to say is that this is the most beautiful place I have ever been, and I cannot wait to come back someday!

More info via excerpts soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment